The Department of Petroleum (DPR) is a department under the Nigerian Federal Ministry of Petroleum Resources (FMPR), saddled with the responsibility of exploration and importation of Petroleum products. It also oversees the safety and other regulations that relate to the exportation and importation of the products into the country.
This is a collection of questions and answers compiled for recruitment tests into the agency. These questions were carefully sorted and arranged to prepare candidates for the entrance test. Different areas of the test are covered and additional tips to ensure that you emerge victoriously.
View related materials in our Oil and Gas Jobs Past Questions and Answers Section
The DPR jobs test centres on these key areas
- English/Verbal Reasoning
- Basic maths/Arithmetics
- Oil and Gas Basic Knowledge
- General Knowledge (Economics, Current Affairs, History, Government etc)
Practice additional related test packs in our CBT Centre under Real Exam Settings!
Click on page edge to flip
DPR Recruitment Test Study Questions And Answers
Sample Question 1
1. If the price of an electronics is N11,000, to which must be added VAT of 7.5%. What is the selling price?
2. At present most of the natural gas produced in Nigeria is
A. Re-injected for secondary recovery
C. Converted to LNG
D. Converted to fuel
E. Sent to Nigerian Gas Company Eleme
3. Which country is the world’s largest producer of crude oil?
A. Saudi Arabia
B. United states of America
Sample Question 2
4. Light travels at --- Miles per seconds
A. 183,600 Miles
B. 186,000 Miles
C. 186,300 Miles
D. 168,3000 Miles
E. none of the above
5. Three pipes, A, B, & C are attached to a tank. A & B can fill it in 20 & 30 minutes respectively while C can empty it in 15 minutes. If A, B & C are kept open successively for 1 minute each, how soon will the tank be filled?
A. 163 minutes
B. 164 minutes
C. 165 minutes
D. 166 minutes
E. 167 minutes
Sample Question 3
6. James said that he was born on February 29, 1900. What birthday will he celebrate in the year 2000?
E. None of the above
7. The Nigerian civil war lasted for ---
A. 2 years 3 months
B. 2 years and 4 month
C. 2 years and 5 months
D. 2 years and 6 months
E. None of the above
8. API means
A. American Petroleum Institute
B. African Petroleum Institute
C. Asian Petroleum Institute
D. American Petroleum Industry
Sample Question 4
9. What natural phenomena are measured by the 'Richter scale'?
C. Ocean depth
10. A crude oil pipeline discharges into an oil reservoir tank of capacity one trillion cubic metres at the rate of 11574 cubic metres per second. How long will it take to fill the tank?
A. 2 days
B. 1 week
C. 12 hours
D. 1 day
Order full pack of DPR Recruitment Test Study Questions And Answers with explanations and get the download link
Effect a bank/POS/ATM/USSD transfer or deposit to
Access Bank Plc
Account Name: ExamBase Resource
Account No: 0108141422
Account Type: Current
Text your name, email address and name of product ordered to 08062633226
. Then download the product from your email inbox in the next 2minutes.
Pay online, download a complete copy of DPR Recruitment Test Study Questions And Answers and get the link sent to your mailbox by clicking the Order Now Button. Also, you can download your material from the History Tab
(under the profile icon dropdown in the upper right hand corner) after payment!
This file is in PDF and can be used on mobile devices. Security settings are enabled to prevent unlawful redistribution.
Kindly note that this comprises of past questions, practice questions and other helpful materials for this agency's or institution's aptitude tests and does not in anyway insinuate any form of partnership or relationship with the institution or agency whose resource pack is presented here.
BEWARE OF SCAMMERS!