Maritime Academy of Nigeria POST UTME Questions and Answers Kit
Sample Question 1
Choose the word that is nearest in meaning to the underlined word as it is used in the sentence
1. My elder sister has a great aversion to alcohol and tobacco.
2. During the military dictatorship, many companies went bankrupt.
3. The report of the probe panel vindicated the president’s stand on corruption in high places.
Sample Question 2
4. If it costs three shopkeeper A, B and C N918,00 to purchase a common generator for three shops and the amount were shared in the ratio 1:2:3 respectively. How much would shopkeeper B pay?
5. Calculate the perimeter of a square whose area is 100cm2.
6. If 15% of a sum of money is given as N750,000. What is the total sum? A. N50,000
Sample Question 3
7. One is able to smell food from a distance because
A. the molecules of food travel by exosmosis
B. the molecules of air are in constant motion
C. the ingredients used travel by capillarity
D. osmosis is operative
8. Calculate the frequency of a radio wave of wavelength 300m, if the speed of all electromagnetic waves in free space is 3x108m/s
9. Which of the following kind of waves cannot travel through a vacuum? A. sound waves
B. radio waves
C. light waves
D. infrared waves
Sample Question 4
10. What is an input/output (I/O) device in this list?
C. flash disk
11. A computer accepts……as input and gives out…..as output
A. data and information
B. data and output
C. input and information
D. information and fact
12. What is the function of DIR/P command in the Ms-DOS?
A. displays all the contents in the directory once
B. invalid command
C. displays all the content of the directory page by page
D. prints content of a directory