General Scholarships Aptitude Tests Past and Study Questions and Answers
Sample Question 1
1. What is the missing number in this series?
8 2 14 6 11 ? 14 6 18 12
2. The average between a two digit number and the number obtained by interchanging the digits is 9. What is the difference between the two digits of the number?
D Cannot be determined
Sample Question 2
A building society is a financial institution owned by its members as a mutual organisation. Building societies offer banking and related financial services such as mortgages. The term “building society” arose in 18th century Britain from cooperative savings groups. In the UK today, building societies actively compete with banks for most consumer banking services, especially with regards to mortgages and saving accounts. The number of building societies in the UK fell by four during 2008 due to a number of mergers and the financial crisis. Due to further mergers and demutualisations, the current number of building societies is 47.
3. The number of building societies in the UK fell by how many in 2008?
Sample Question 3
4. What was yesterday’s cost difference between 50 shares in Fevs Plc and 100
shares in Steapars?
(E) None of these
Sample Question 4
The diagram shows two fixed cogwheels which can only rotate around their own axis. A rack is inserted between the two cogwheels and is moved in the direction shown by the arrow.
4. What are the directions of movement and velocities of the cogwheels?
A. Same direction, same velocities
B. Same direction, different velocities
C. Different directions, same velocities
D. Different directions, different velocities