Stanbic IBTC invites Nigerian undergraduates who cannot afford to finish their university education to apply for its 2020 University Scholarship. This scholarship is in continuance of the company's goal to support dreams and aspirations of Nigerian youths as the company have been doing over the years through various activities such as Youth Leadership Series (YLS), Higher Institution Football League (HIFL) and so on.
Stanbic IBTC is a financial service holding company in Nigeria with subsidiaries in banking, stock brokerage, investment advisory, pension and trustee businesses.
- The Scholarship is awarded on the basis that candidates will maintain an enrolled status at the University in your admitted degree programme.
- The Scholarship will be awarded to Applicants spread across the 36 States of the federation and FCT.
- The Scholarship will be offered on a first come, first serve basis until all slots are allocated.
- The total scholarship value at least N40 million, would be spread across four years and disbursed in tranches of N100,000 per academic year
HOW TO QUALIFY
- Applicants who took the 2020 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME)
- Applicants must have gained admission into a Nigeria University
HOW TO APPLY
Click HERE to Apply
- Successful Applicants will be notified only via an email sames as was used during application. The email received will detail the scholarship benefits, payment timing and other important information as required
- Where an applicant applies on more than one platform or submits multiple entries/applications, they shall still be entitled to only one Scholarship slot.
Acceptance of Scholarship
- Where a Candidate is awarded the scholarship, it is believed that the cabdidate must have accepted the terms and conditions
- If Successful Applicants do not wish to accept the scholarship they have been offered, they should advise us immediately by sending an email to [email protected]
- Failure to accept the scholarship offer within the period specified in the notifying email will result into forfeiture of the offer
- Successful Applicants will be required to open a Stanbic IBTC Education Trust account and Stanbic IBTC bank account for payment of the Scholarship fund
- Successful Applicants may be required to provide additional evidence via a link that would be provided to them or via a Stanbic IBTC authorized email. The additional evidence will include providing the admission letter from the admitting University
Retention of Scholarship
To retain your scholarship, successful applicants must:
- Maintain an enrolled status in their respective Universities in the degree programme they were admitted for
- Adhere to the academic and administrative polices of the University and annually provide a Letter of good conduct issued by their respective department
- Maintain a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of second class upper (a CGPA of at least 3.5 in a CGPA system of 5 points, at least 3.0 in a CGPA system of 4 points, at least 4.6 in a CGPA system of 7 points). Evidence of same must be provided at the beginning of every academic year before scholarship payment can be made.
- Meet any other additional criteria which would be communicated to you through email
- At the end of each academic year for the duration of your scholarship, you will be asked to provide a report detailing how the scholarship funds have been spent. It is the responsibility of the Successful applicant to provide this report at the specified time advised by Stanbic IBTC. Failure to return reports by the specified time, without reason, may result in future payments being withheld.
- Kindly note that the successful applicants would be entitled to this Scholarship for a total period of Four (4) years from the day of acceptance, notwithstanding the length of the degree programme. The Scholarship shall be paid at the beginning of every academic year subject to the terms and conditions contained herein.
DEADLINE: 30 September 2020