These JAMB Registration Steps describe the requirements for candidates to successfully register for the 2019 UTME coming up in March. Once a candidate has now obtained his/her ePin, these are the steps and requirements at the Accredited CBT Centres. Please ensure you follow these steps only on 10th January as the registration officially commences then.
- Each candidate will be registered with one mobile phone number only. The Cell phone number used to create the profile code is automatically tied to the Candidate’s name and will be used in all communications related to his/her 2019 Application/Examination.
- Candidate sends his/her name [Surname, First Name & Middle Name (if any)] by text (SMS) to 55019. This should be maximum of 38 characters + 2 spaces between names = 40 characters in all
- A Profile Code is received by the candidate on the same telephone number
- The candidate presents the Profile Code to the point of procurement of form (Banks, MMOs, MFBs, Switches, USSD Partners). The form ePIN is then sent as text message to the candidate.
- The candidate presents the ePIN at any JAMB accredited CBT Centre for registration
You are advised to wait until the registration begins on 10th January before following any of the steps above.
Once payment has been made to the CBT Centre, candidate provides:
- Biodata: Date of Birth, Nationality, LG/State of origin, Gender, e-mail address, telephone
- Choice of institutions & programmes (Disciplines)
- Qualification with grades/dates, if not Awaiting Result
- UTME subjects & Choice of Examination town for
- (a) Mock examination (optional)
- (b) Examination for UTME (actual examination)
At CBT Centre, you would be required to;
- Do picture capture (no scanning of passport photography)
- Do Biometric enrollment (10 fingers)
- Review entries & confirm the correctness
- Print Registration Slip only by USING BIOMETRIC AUTHENTICATION to confirm valid finger-print (UTME+DE)
- Collect reading text & CD
THERE WILL BE NO OFFLINE REGISTRATION, as all accredited CBT Centres have been empowered for real time online registration
Please note that you would be able to Upload of O’ level and A’ level results at the CBT Centre. This will be done by the candidate at the JAMB Portal.