Education and Job Resources Base
Crisis Prevention and Recovery Advisor at United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
Job Title: Crisis Prevention and Recovery Advisor
Job ID: 30040
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
1. A Master’s degree, preferably in International Development, International Affairs, Business Administration, Development Economics, or another relevant field.
2. At least 10 years field experience, with a minimum 5 years international experience in countries facing situation of protracted crisis and fragility;
3. Extensive experience at the national or international level in providing management advisory services, hands-on experience in design, monitoring and evaluation of prevention and resilience strategies and projects and establishing inter-relationships among international organizations and national governments.
4. Proven ability to coordinate crisis response with UN entities, including knowledge of UN policies and procedures on crisis response and complex emergencies, as well as related management of information;
5. Experience in conflict and resilience programming
6. Experience working in a crisis context as part of UN Management highly desirable.
Knowledge and understanding of crisis prevention, preparedness, response and recovery; resilience; stabilisation; transition; etc.); international crisis response architecture (including humanitarian system; peacekeeping operations; special political missions; etc.); gender equality in the context of programming in humanitarian and early recovery settings) and relevant policy and tools
Language Requirements: Fluent and proficient in English.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply - https://jobs.partneragencies.net/erecruitjobs.html?JobOpeningId=30040&hrs_jo_pst_seq=1&hrs_site_id=2
Note: Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Application Deadline: 30th April, 2020.